It has been a challenging few days for us all, and we don’t just mean the team at Redline and our customers – we mean our global community.
Update: Tuesday 23rd March 2020
Further to the Prime Minister’s speech on Monday 22nd and following government guidance, we will be temporarily closing the showroom until further notice to ensure the safety of our customers, our staff and the community.
Under these unusual circumstances, we ask for your patience while we deal with your enquiry.
We and our fellow automotive retailers currently face a number of challenges.
- Part exchange valuations. With the car market currently frozen, valuing your part exchange (if you have one) may be tricky or in some cases impossible.
- Finance. Some lenders have temporarily withdrawn finance facilities, so financing a car at this time may not be possible although there are still some options open.
- Taking delivery. Under the current government guidelines, car showrooms have been advised that they should not open for trade.
Managing your expectations
We humbly ask that you give us an honest assessment of the urgency of your enquiry and indicate at which stage you are at in your purchase journey.
- If you are a key worker and urgently wish to purchase and take delivery of a vehicle, we will contact you as soon as possible and make every effort to enable you to do that as soon as we are able to do so within the terms and spirit of the government Coronavirus guidelines whilst also ensuring your safety and the safety of our staff.
- You wish to reserve a car and pick it up as soon as restrictions on movement have been lifted. We will contact you as soon as we are able to discuss a potential deal with a view to you placing a deposit.
- If this is an early-stage enquiry and you require a part exchange valuation or finance figures, we will contact you once our showroom reopens for business.
If you need finance figures, our car finance calculator on the car detail pages gives an accurate estimate of figures for PCP and Hire Purchase and you can also apply for finance online.
Any enquiries will be added to our enquiry management system and you will receive a series of automated emails from us. Please let us know how urgent your enquiry is, whether you have a part exchange and if you require finance.
If you are at Stage 1 or 2 in your purchase journey we will be in contact by phone or email as soon as we are able. If you are at Stage 3, we will email you to let you know as soon as our showroom is open and our staff are back so you can speak with one of our sales team.
We thank you for your patience.
Please stay in touch and stay safe – we’ll see you on the other side.
We would like to reassure our customers that we are taking steps to safeguard your health and the health of our staff and suppliers.
Our Coronavirus action plan includes:
- Monitoring and actioning UK Government & Public Health England guidance
- Briefing our staff regularly on the situation and any new procedures we implement to protect our staff and customers.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting surfaces such as doors, desks and phones
- Making antibacterial hand sanitiser available to staff and customers
- Disinfecting car touchpoints when we receive them and additionally prior to delivery and before and after test drives. All our cars are thoroughly cleaned inside and out.
- Introduction of a no handshake policy
- Vehicle delivery to customers
We respectfully ask that all visitors to our premises and those who have direct contact with our staff advise us if they have been to any of the affected locations listed on the government website or if you have had to self-isolate due to potential exposure to the virus.
How we can still help you?
A large proportion of our customers already complete the majority of their purchase over the phone or online, and in many cases we deliver their new vehicle to them without them ever coming to our premises. We will continue to trade and offer this service for as long as the UK Government allows us to do so.
Buying over the phone/ online
We are fortunate in that our reputation gives our customers the confidence to deal with us remotely. For finance customers typically (but not always) documentation is signed on our trade premises where we have a clean & secure environment in which they can complete any paperwork.
Our staff will continue to answer your enquiries whatever the circumstances and you can even configure and apply for finance online from the comfort of your own home.
If you have any questions, please don’t not hesitate to contact us.